Monday, November 21, 2011

CX @ Putney, VT

On November 13th, John Young was the sole representative of DAS Racing up in lovely Putney VT. Some of our racers ventured up that way to mountain bike race this summer, and enjoyed the muddy hills. Here's what John had to say about the cyclocross event the following day...

Yesterday I raced in Putney VT at the West Hill Bike Shop. It was a very small race with the largest class being around 20 people. The course was pretty fast with a very steep run up, a technical descent (into mud) and some longer spots where you can 'open it up'. It was a fun day, I crashed in the mud once and threw elbows in a corner with a guy who looked at me then tried to stuff me (then apologized claiming he didn't see me) when I tried to pass. I felt really good, my legs were there, I rode aggressively but again, my poor starting hurt me with me starting DFL. I hung in at first but when the road rose up I went anearobic and got dropped. I ended up 8/12 in the Masters 35-44 B/C race. I highly recommed this race. It's a long but easy drive (set the cruise for 75 the whole way). The bike shop is cool, they had food and hot drinks there and the organizers were nice. My favorite race of the season!

Great job John!

No comments:

Post a Comment