Monday, April 29, 2013

Winding Trails 2013 - Tracy represents!

Racing Winding trails without my team mates but never feeling alone

Tracy:

"I of course missed my DAS team mates; however, when you mountain bike race it doesn’t matter what team your jersey says; we are all one big team. Big is right! The woman’s fields are ever-growing which is awesome. When I compared how many combined category woman raced this year as to last year there were 20 more racers. This is fantastic; every year the woman’s fields are growing. Soon we will be catching up with the men's fields. 

My race didn’t start until 1:30pm which was nice since I didn’t have to rush around to get to the race venue early. It was also a bit chilly out, so waiting until it warmed up a bit was okay by me. I got to the race at the start of the Cat 2 women’s race, and I got to cheer on some of my friends I haven’t seen in a while. I cheered and chatted for a while then I figured I better start getting ready and warming up for my race. 

During my warm up my brakes where squeaking which was annoying. I possibly got something on the brake pads while cleaning my bike. Also I dropped my chain, I haven’t dropped my chain since my last race, but I never adjusted it. Not wanting to mess with anything right before a race I figured I would just stay in the big ring. This should not be a problem since there wasn’t a lot of climbing at this venue, and this proved to be true. Two lessons learned here: (1) no more cleaning the bike and (2) things just do not go away on their own (make the adjustments long before the race). 

Now for the race recap: Lap 1, I felt like I was going to die. Lap 2, I may not die but it hurts bad. Lap 3, settling in a bit. Lap 4, don’t care just going to enjoy my last lap. Overall the race was great. It wasn’t very technical, but that doesn’t mean it wasn’t hard."


Great job Tracy!  Thanks for representing DAS in Farmington, CT at the second root 66 race of the season.  The next race of the 66 series is the Wrath of the Boneyard in Meriden, CT, but that race coincides with an EFTA race up in Ipswich, MA.  We may have some racers at both races.  In addition, EFTA has it's Battle of Burlingame race coming up on May 5th, and many of the DAS racers are planning to attend.  As of right now, the forecast looks great; see you out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment