Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Wrath of the Boneyard 2013

Since I'm the only DAS racer who raced this weekend, I think I'm allowed to take the easy route and just post a link to my personal blog so you can get an in depth idea of what the race course was like.

In summary, it was me against a number of 35+ Cat 1 women with them doing 4 laps and me doing 5.  I managed to stay ahead of them for the four and complete my fifth about about the same pace that I'd been going the whole time.  Based on how my legs felt on that last lap, I would have expected that lap to be about 10 minutes slower.  It was a tough race - just under three hours of super rugged and uber slippery terrain.


Something I didn't mention in my blog...  I've been working with a chia seed based home-made energy gel.  I am having trouble finding the right delivery system.  I tried a squeeze bottle made for gels, and the seeds just wouldn't slide through, so I ended up removing the cap and racing with an open bottle in my jersey pocket.  As one can imagine, in a muddy race this is probably not the most sanitary option.  Somehow, it did not spill in my pocket, and I had plenty of calories to keep me moving.  If anyone can think of a better dispensary system, feel free to let me know.
-Liz A

No comments:

Post a Comment